Five Tiedes

Friday

Update

Not too much has changed for us. The kids are enjoying school. Jake has a new speech therapist that we saw today for the first time. I think it's going to work out really well, he responded very well to her and talked a lot for her.

Tommy and Sophie are both enjoying school. We have lots of homework again this year. Not my most favorite thing, mostly because it's like pulling teeth to get them to just take a minute away from playing or watching whatever they are to do it.

Speaking of teeth. On Tuesday (the day it poured rain) Tommy and Sophie had their 6 month dental check-up/teeth cleaning. The good news is...no cavities! They both had healthy teeth and were complimented on their brushing habits. The bad news...isn't really too bad...Sophie is getting a new tooth in on the top, again it's coming in behind the baby tooth and the concern is that she won't wiggle the baby tooth enough to make it fall out so the big tooth won't move into place. So, we are working on wiggling (the tooth that is...) I had my camera in the car and was going to take pictures to document our trip to the dentist, but it was raining so hard it was enough just to get in the door and not be soaked through.

Work for Bill is pretty much the same. He is happy that it's football season again, although a little bummed that the game this weekend was cancelled because of the hurricane, it has been rescheduled for later in the season. He took Tommy to the game the week before last and they had a great time. We are all going the the game next weekend when we play Rice, yes Rice. Not the best game, but the cheapest tickets so we can all go!

Work for me has been just crazy. We just ended a fiscal year and started a new one so there has been a lot involved in that. I will be going to Albuquerque again this year from October 3-5 to help out with a donor weekend. I am looking forward to seeing all the balloons again, they are just beautiful. Even though I will be working it will still be fun to be away. We also have some meetings here in the office coming up on the 22nd and 23rd that I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do about picking the kids up from school and keeping them occupied until Bill or I get home, but something will come up, I'm sure of it!

This weekend we are watching all the news coverage of the hurricane in the gulf, IKE is headed our way possibly, but most likely heading toward Ashley and Justin. We will for sure be getting a lot of rain and wind. We're praying for all those in the direct path, and hope that you all got out while you could!

No comments: