Five Tiedes

Saturday

Quick Update

I wanted to give a quick family update this morning while Jake is still sleeping and Tommy and Sophie are playing nicely.

First, pray for this, Bill has been having some health issues and we have finally learned that all is connected with is gall bladder. After seeking the advice of a surgeon on Thursday, Bill will be having laparoscopic surgery to remove is gall bladder on Monday at 11:30. Please pray for safe surgery and quick recovery. We have been told that he should not feel a lot of pain afterwards, he will get drugs and being laparoscopic it is not too invasive. Pray for the kids to respect that he is healing and not be too crazy.

Kid update...

Tommy just brought his report card home yesterday and he is doing well with a B average, we are very proud of him and all of his hard work to continue to catch up and keep up with his peers in school. He is still struggling a little with reading, be even there we are seeing improvements.

Sophie continues to do well in school. She is enjoying first grade very much. She has also struggled with reading, and we have learned that there are a few in her class that were told in Kindergarten that they were doing fine, only to find out that they really aren't in first grade. Which was a surprise to all the parents including us. She is now in a reading program where she goes to a special teacher and works in a smaller group. She is also staying after school on Mondays for extra reading work. We have seen a lot of improvement in just a couple of months of this work.

Jake is doing great in school. After his first week we could see what a difference "peer pressure" makes. I have been working with him for a couple of months now to say "I want _____ please" and I was having to have him repeat every word I - I want - want ... but after his first day he came home with the entire sentence with no prompting!!! Wow! We have also see him talking more, everything may not make sense yet, but he is jabbering more and more.

Me...
I have been working like crazy. In the last three weeks I have had two sets of meetings and Josh did a special briefing here in the Dallas area (actually at our church) that I had to set up and then ended up having to run the media for. I am looking forward to a little down time at work this next week so that I can get caught up on everything that was put on hold for these things.

I am still having a great time scrapbooking digitally. If you haven't had a chance, take a look at my other blog. You can click HERE to get there. I seem to post there more than here, but I don't really write a lot, just put up the pages I make and post templates for people to download and use in their digital scrapping.

So, there's a quick update. Please remember Bill in your prayers. I will update here after his surgery.

No comments: