Five Tiedes

Sunday

Wow, Life Moves Fast

It has been a while since I gave you an update. We have been very busy with school, work and family stuff. The kids are having a great year so far. Tommy is working hard in 3rd grade and has told me that he really likes his teacher. Sophie has taken 2 spelling tests so far and is doing really well. She is determined to bring home the class guinea pig, but I am not so sure about that one, at this point I am stalling her, but I guess I can't put it off forever. School pictures are this week so we have been busy deciding what to wear all weekend, Tommy's outfit is settled, but Sophie is still on the fence about it.

Sophie lost her fist tooth, a very exciting event around here. She had been wiggling it for what seemed like forever and finally got up the nerve to give it a little tug. The tooth fairy visited and brought her $1.25, a dollar for the tooth and a quarter because it was her first one. She spent the dollar the next day getting ice cream from the vending machine at school. A good reward for all that wiggling I guess.

We had fun visiting with Stas, Christy and Kai while they were in town. We miss having them here a lot, but are very excited to hear all about their adventures in Estonia and other parts of the world.

Becca is in the process of having her baby. They went to the hospital tonight to get everything started. Greg's mom is staying at their house with Reed who it seems is very excited to meet his little sister. I will post a picture of Clare as soon as I get one. We will probably try to go visit them tomorrow evening sometime, or Bill will at least, depending on how the kids are. Jake has been coughing a lot and I don't want to expose anyone.

We had an opportunity to go to the Lake last weekend. Bill's boss invited us to stay for the weekend. We all had a lot of fun, especially the kids and especially Tommy. He is such a speed demon when it comes to the boat and jet ski.

So that's what is going on with us at the moment. I will try to be better about updating everyone more often!

No comments: