For some reason unknown, Sophie decided that tonight she needed a haircut and tried to do it herself. Well, we all know how self haircuts usually go, not so good, but especially if a six year old is giving herself a haircut, it wasn't too pretty.
Now something to know is that this all happened at 8:15, so there aren't many places still open that you can go to get a bad haircut fixed. I told her that she would have to go to school tomorrow with is the way it was and that we would find someplace to go get it fixed after school. This did not fly, she said that she WOULD NOT go to school, and I guess I should have insisted, but instead we jumped in the van and headed to the mall to Toni and Guy. (not a cheap haircut place) There we were helped by Donna, who was very nice to squeeze us in 30 minutes before they closed and to top it all off, I was expecting to have to pay $30 or more, but when it came time to pay she insisted that we not, and said we should just come back to see her again, so I promised we would.
Now Sophie can go to school looking a little better than she did, it is still very, very short, but at least it pretty even now (and that kind of depends on how it is combed, but we just couldn't even it out at the shortest point or she would have had no bangs a all, just fuzz)
Oh the things kids do................why?
No comments:
Post a Comment